With Valentine’s Day only a few weeks away, I often get asked for chocolate and candy recommendations for gifts by friends and family. Being a candy enthusiast and all will lead to that, and over time I’ve acquired a few good ideas I’d like to share with you. So just in time for shopping, here’s a list of five sweet things to give to your sweetheart.
Please note that I have not received anything in payment from the companies mentioned here, I just think they’re great ideas.
1. Edible Chocolate Box from Charles Chocolates. Nothing says “I love You” like the traditional box of chocolates. Charles Chocolates takes it a step further by making the box edible as well. There’s many flavors and designs to choose from, so it’s easy to choose which the recipient will enjoy most.
2. Good Quality Foreign Chocolate from Chocoshpere.com. Chocosphere carries all that great imported yet hard to find bars of chocolate. It’s easy to buy a few to make a gift set on your own. I highly recommend Amedai, Amano, El Rey, Michel Cluizel, Valrhona and Dolfin as personal favorites of mine.
3. Chocolate Silk Spa Gift Set from The Merry Chocoholic. ($34.50) A chocolate scented gift set that comes with body scrub, body butter and hand/body lotion. A good option for those who might not want to eat chocolate (gasp!) but still wants to indulge.
4. A Chocolatetelegram. For those out you in Europe, it’s a love letter and chocolate combined! Your sweetie will get a box with chocolates spelling out a message inside. A really cute idea.
5. Licorice Allsorts Earrings from ErikaPrice at Etsy.com. These cute earrings are a perfect option for the non chocolate eating lover in your life. The colorful licorice are nicely sculpted and a lot of fun.